Friday, September 10, 2010

Can you guess what ThatPanicGirlE's new story is about?



I'll just put it to you this way... what do Hwy. 9, hollow trees, fast cars and the 1940s all have in common?



Driving in the Moonshine
ThatPanicGirlE

The year was 1943 and the cars were fast and the girls weren’t, but Jasper, Emmett and I were having the time of our lives.

The biggest bounty of our lives just came up and we weren’t about to back out of this one. We knew the consequences but our eyes were on the prize and the payout would be worth it.

My baby, a black 1940 Ford coupe was paid for by 'still money and it was fast. It was the fastest car out there and not only could it outrun the law, it could beat out any car on the road trying to reach the same goal. We were known for not only being fast, but being crafty. Only Emmett has been caught and it was his own fault. He learned from his mistake and now keeps a keen eye out for me.

I remember how we got mixed up into this crazy world of booze and money. Momma and Daddy almost lost our farm when they couldn’t pay the taxes on the land that had been in our family for generations. When started working with a farmer up the road, I discovered his shine still by accident one night and instead of dealing with a double barrel shotgun in my face, I promised him I would run his goods down into the Carolinas and Florida.

My brothers, Jasper and Emmett, came on board once they discovered how much money we would make. Momma and Daddy never said a word about the cash. I think they were grateful for not worrying about feeding us and how they would pay for farming supplies.

“Edward, please tell me you put enough gas in this car this time,” Emmett said as we fled down the road. We were being followed by two state troopers. They knew what we were up to and I was patiently waiting for the lights to flip on and the chase to begin. They knew though, once my Coupe hit the state line, they had no control over me anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment