Tuesday, July 20, 2010

No One Gets Left Behind - The Story of Staff Sgt. Emmett Cullen


I'm posting this on behalf of HanFauxLo just because I'm so impressed with the beginning of his story already.

NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND:

As told by Staff Sergent Emmett Cullen(Ret. U.S. ARMY)

By: HanFauxLo


A/N: This just happens to be stories that my Father has told me over the years when he was in the U.S. Army. And since I figured that TB&FT wasn't getting anywhere, I decided to scrap it and do something different... So, I hope that you enjoy the second attempt and please feel free to comment and ask questions... and once again.. S.M. owns Twilight.. and my Dragons are watching closely...


Chapter One:  Highway To Hell
------------------


The bus ride from the M.E.P.S center, or  the Military Enlistment Processing Station, was torture.  There was at least forty of us on this bus and the heat was unbearable. The windows on this one way ticket to damnation didn't come all the way down, and what windows that were open, barely gave any relief from the pain that I left behind back in Fayetteville .When Uncle Sam caught wind of my eighteenth birthday, he didn't send me a birthday card with happy wishes and money like my relatives have done in the past. He sent me something that I dreaded for the longest time.

It was my draft papers saying that I had to report for basic training at Fort Bragg. 

My mother Esme', and my two sisters, Alice and Rosalie cried when I told them the news after I walked back in the house from getting the mail. The war in Vietnam was just starting, and from the get go, everyone knew that it was pointless to be over there. Seeing as we've been the world's police for the longest time, our military has been sent everywhere. Uncle Sam likes to flex his muscles and show his strength. And we've always have been somewhat victorious.

But this was different, and being just a hay-seed farm-boy from the boondocks, and baptized in the backwoods,  I was about to see the world with virgin eyes. If I knew what I was about to see, I would have plucked out my eyes and say that I lost my eyesight due to a farming accident.

But knowing my damn luck, they would have sent me anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment