Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Delusions - Chapter 5 Posted




Chapter 5 - Edward After

For some of us, the earliest memories of our childhood stay with us till the day we die. For others, it's hard to even remember anything before high school.

My earliest memory was of my mother. Her dark hair flowed in curls down her back as she picked me up off the floor. I had gotten into the pots and pans under the counter top again, and though she usually didn't mind it, this time something was different. She looked sad and distraught over something.

It was easy for me to remember my mother. Alice looked so much like her that it pained me to look at her sometimes. Her smile, her dark hair and her eyes were a reflection of our mother's. I had our father's looks. I've been told that by distant relatives. The mystery of why they never came forward to claim me and Alice has always plagued me. We were lucky enough to have Carlisle though.

I looked over at Alice as she sat sleeping next to me. The plane ride from Chicago to Seattle seemed to take longer than I remembered. I think I was in some sort of hurry to meet my demise. To my left sat Carlisle. He looked defeated, tired, and I wanted to reach out to him and apologize like I had so many times before. Alice held my hand, refusing to let go. Earlier I tried to pry my hand from her grasp, and she woke, almost in a sweat. I think she thought I was leaving her for good. She had good reason to fear that.

No comments:

Post a Comment