Monday, June 21, 2010

Indention of the Heart - Chapter 15 Teaser


Bella

I drove like a bat out of hell from Edward's place to the hospital. The entire trip, I fought back tears and tried to only think about Rosalie needing me. I wanted to just crawl up into a ball and fade away but I knew that she was counting on me and I wouldn't let her down.

I pulled into the parking lot of the hospital and jumped out the car. I found Rosalie's room and she was fast asleep. Emmett sat next to her, holding her hand with tears in his eyes.

"Oh God, Emmett. Is everything okay?" I asked him, squatting next to him.

"She's fine and the baby's fine," he said wiping a tear away.

"Thank God for that. Why are you crying then?" I asked him.

"I was just so worried. I just knew we were losing the baby and I couldn't even imagine how much it would have killed her for that to happen."

I loved how much Emmett cared, not just about his wife, but about everyone in general.

"I'm glad everything's okay," I said standing.

"Are you okay?" he asked as I walked over to grab another chair. I sat it down next to him and fell into it.

"I, I don't know what I am right now. Wait, what are you talking about?" I asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment