Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Star of Eclipse


Me, CereuleanBlue and Poochi_mama (JenniP)  made the pilgrimage to the theaters at midnight last night to watch Eclipse.

I held a party in which a good group of friends showed up. We drank beer, watched Rifftrax versions of Twilight and New Moon and came up with some excellent ideas for some crackfics involving Bella virginity and her innerfilter.

We waited in anticipation, hoping that all our Eclipse filled dreams would come true. We were nervous, anxious and excited and sure as hell were not let down. (The kiss... oh dear lord that kiss.) Yes, of course it strayed from some of the story line but if you go into the movie not expecting anything, it leaves you with a sense of acceptance.

There were some awesome parts, those I wish to not divulge until at least the rest of my team members watch the movie but we have to do a salute to one character.

The moustache.

Every time the moustache appeared, I went total schoolgirl giddy. I would totally go team Charlie after each scene that left me laughing, nearly crying or just down right amazed at what the moustache could do.

I think the moustache could have single handedly fought the Seattle vamps and then taken on the Volturi just by existing. It was even able to tame the wildest werewolf and most annoyed vampire.

Charlie is the glue that holds this story together. His quirky behavior, his ability to steal the scene and the fatherly attraction has made him my new favorite character.

So, here's to the star of Eclipse, the moustache.

Oh yeah and, the truck.



2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! YES! I LOVED every bit of Charlie's scenes. Even though I was having to strain to hear what all was said since everyone in the theater was cracking up laughing.

    My favorite line? 'Super!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie is the win. I loved when the stache pushed Jacob and Edward apart with it's super human strength.

    ReplyDelete