Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ladies Who Lunch


<- This is NOT us. We're much older.







Yesterday was an epic day in the life of Team Fire and Ice. For the first time ever, ThatPanicGirlE, CereuleanBlue, and JenniP sat down together and watched each other masticate while talking about everything that is the Twilight fandom. We rec'd fics to CB, we giggled about what Edward would have been like at WoodStock (because you know Alice made them all go), and we discussed our plans for the Eclipse premier (5 DAYS, PEOPLE!!). It was awesome.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get a little emo...
Yesterday also reminded me just how awesome this fandom is. We three gals have much in common when it comes to Twilight and all its fun, but if you look at our RL's, we're worlds apart. CB is a teacher who moonlights as a biker/cowgirl. E is a graphic artist who worships the group WSP walks on and will follow them to the moon at the drop of a hat. JP is a Nursing student who lives a trillion light years away from her hometown. But there we sat, all our differences aside, and enjoyed the company as if we'd pulled each others pigtails in pre-K.
What am I getting at?
Well, I suppose I'm just grateful for this crazy world that SM created that brought so many of us together in a way that nothing else could have. I'm happy that I've made new friends AND found something new to share with my old friends. I'm happy that there are people out there who appreciate the importance of good writing, being polite, helping others, and bewb gropes.
When the conversation turned to The Fandom Gives Back, it was exciting to think that maybe this very blog could be a catalyst to raise money for children who are involved in a fight much more difficult than anything Edward and Bella found in those snowy woods. I'm honored to be a part of a fandom that finds a way to give back to the community in a powerful way.
So, no matter what you're looking for, go check out The Fandom Gives Back and bid on something - anything! If you're an author and you'd like to be featured here on Team Fire and Ice's Blog, bid on our feature. We'd love to have a chance to promote good writing while helping a greater cause.
OK, I'm done being all misty-eyed and philosophical. One day, I hope all the ladies will be able to get together and hug and grope and nom on burritos all at the same time. 'Til then...!

3 comments:

  1. Aww y'all make me blush. I suck as a cowgirl, just saying. And lunch was a hoot. (PS don't I have the cutest giggle?)

    I am amazed at how many people have been brought into my life out of the fandom, especially you hoors. And also at how much the fandom has given to others. So thanks to all of you who make my daily life bearable and do your damnest to improve the lives of others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This new friend is ALSO thankful to the fandom for the opportunity to meet such great people as yourselves. Would love to nom something with you all one day. Perhaps we'll work up to the boob gropage. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, you guys, i think we need a group bewbie grope! =D I'm glad yall had a good time at your burrito/bewbie fest, and one day in the very far future...I hope I could join you all. And possibly persuade yall to show Jake some love. ;) Yall are great, and I am happy to have met yall. I owe all of that to E really. anyway... yall are great chickies! -km3-

    ReplyDelete