Thursday, June 10, 2010

Howdy-Do from ThatPanicGirlE


Hellloooo... FANDOM! My name is ThatPanicGirlE. That came from my love for the band Widespread Panic. I've seen them exactly 100 times in concert. Going for #101 & #102 in July. Everyone calls me "E." It's stuck like that for almost 8 years now.

Now who do I blame for this silliness called Fan Fiction? Oh yeah, that's right. JennyP aka Poochi_Mama herself. She's to blame. 

I was minding my own business, writing my own fiction work about a girl who finds out she's a coyote and all he sudden, she emails me Wide Awake by AngstGoddess003. 

I was okay. I was fine. I was doing really well avoiding the temptation but one night, I couldn't sleep. What a perfect title for a perfect night. I started reading AND COULD NOT STOP!

So then it went from there. I was still reeling from Jacob Black not getting the girl. I'm a sucker for the underdog and there it was, my opportunity to write about him getting the girl of his dreams. Yes, it's fluff. Yes, it's short. I can't complain though. I checked my hits last night on it and I almost fainted. I've hit over 100,000 hits on Abandon and I'm in hog freaking heaven right now. 

Things change in life, some are avoidable and some aren't and I found myself back to square one in my life. Writing gave me a chance to filter those inner demons and move on from the unhappiness that was plaguing me for so long.

Now I have a group of girls who I can call not only co-writers but also friends. They support me, beta me, fuss at me when I'm not writing enough and it feels great to be a part of something like this.

I need to change the banner to reflect a new member, Ms. Fangbanger06. She's so funny that I don't eve know what to do with myself. 

My boyfriend, HanFauxLo (aka Mikey) wants to be a member so bad he can't stand himself, but when I found out he was writing FF without reading the books, I made him stop what he was doing and he's on restriction until he finishes the saga.

KennedyMommy3 and me met when she reviewed Abandon and has stuck it out with me for many months. I promise her every single day that I'll finish Broken Promises just for her. I pulled it about two weeks ago. I couldn't write it anymore.

So that's a little about me. I'm a mommy, a graphic artist, a writer and lover of all things Vampire. (Even my boyfriend is a little Vamp himself ;) )

So enjoy our rants, posts, blogs and reviews. We should be hosting another contest soon but until then, submit your stories for us to review!!!

1 comment:

  1. OH!! And never mind how she met old Blue back in the high school days and just *happened* across her on the Twitter and just *happened* to have some friends/students in common *cough* Alice Cullen *cough* and just happened to need a beta..... LOL JK E...

    <3 CereuleanBlue

    ReplyDelete