Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Once Bitten, Twice Shy Teaser


In honor of Teaser Tuesday, here's a little snippet from Once Bitten, Twice Shy.  Enjoy.
____________________________________________________________________

“Look at me, Bella. You need to stay away from the Cullens. They’re dangerous.” His eyes were wide. Jacob was skirting the edge of something he couldn’t just come out and say. He was trying as hard as he could to keep her from them without coming out and telling whatever it was that he knew.


“Wow, I had no idea I had two fathers. You’re kind of young to have a kid in high school aren’t you? Where do you get off telling me who I can’t hang out with?” Bella thought that perhaps sarcasm would get him off the topic, but there seemed to be little that could deter him from the path he had chosen to take.

“Jeez, would you just listen to me instead of being stubborn. They’re not safe…”

Bella thought for a moment, struggling on how to end the conversation without exposing herself to Jacob, but was unable to come up with anything that would steer him off his current path. She could sense Edward’s agitation with the situation but signaled for him to stay where he was. The sudden appearance of a vampire would do little to dissuade Jacob from his current course.

“Jacob, it’s okay. I know…”

No comments:

Post a Comment