Monday, June 14, 2010

Story Time with JennyP

Hello there, lovahs! Told you I'd be back! While E and CB are busy in the world where people work, as they call it; I have been sitting around like the kept woman I am, reading fic. (By "sitting around," I mean standing in the kitchen - and by "kept woman" I mean useless whore.)
All that aside, I have decided to prance onto the interwebs today to share with all of you one of my favorite little lemony-filled goodies that I found while trolling Twilighted for new fics to read. Ready? Here we go...


Forbidden Desire
by
IslandWoman221
(http://www.twilighted.net/viewstory.php?sid=7048)
AKA
RoseBella75

(http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5357912/1/Forbidden_Desire)
Rated NC-17
Canon pairings
Summary: (taken from Twi.net, abridged)

In an alternate all human universe...sexual pleasure is paramount. The Cullens are a breed apart: sexual vegetarians, if you will. Bella is an "Innocent" and so off limits for deeper sexual gratification, a role she gladly embraces, taking pleasure only in giving to those around her. That is until she meets Edward. Suddenly her Father's insistence on her remaining an Innocent and Aro's desires to keep her for himself have become an unwelcome burden to her life. How will Bella and Edward survive their desire to be together when it is forbidden?


Like all good stories, this one starts with a lemon. In the second paragraph. Oh, and it's slash.
Gasping for air, I felt my own pleasure tightly coiled between my legs, moisture trickling down my thighs, unfulfilled longing my all too familiar companion.
Isabella is an innocent, which means that she must abstain from receiving sexual pleasure, but is required to give it to others. This corresponds well with canon Bella - from the beginning of the series she does everything she can to please those around her, even if it means sacrificing her own happiness. Her character is sublimely happy in her martyrdom, never questioning that her father, Charlie, the head guard, has chosen the correct path for her future.
Aro is once again painted as a seedy villain who pretends to care for those he loathes. His characterization here is not unlike that of Eclipse/BD, in that he extends an invitation to the Cullen family most likely not out of fondness for their company, but more so that he can observe them like animals.
The idea of "sexual vegetarians" is intriguing. The Cullen clan have chosen to be monogamous in a society that prides itself on promiscuity. They are aroused by the cerebral rather the carnal; their orgies consisting of debates rather than debauchery. This lifestyle of restriction plays well with the Cullen clan that we have all grown to know and love. Rather than let themselves go wild like their peers, they rise above basic desires; tying themselves together in a way that is rare for the society they live in.
So, back to Bella...
Gah, this girl is hot AND bothered! Hot because she knows what she likes, and likes what she does. Bothered because now that she's seen Edward, he's all she can think about, thus leading to one of the hottest girlwank/sex dreams in history:
I found my lips pulling back as I panted open mouthed, long chains of sound emanating unchecked from my throat. As my climax hit I latched my open mouth onto his shoulder, just barely managing not to drive my teeth deep into his flesh.

My eyes flew open with a gasp.

...Blinking furiously I struggled to get my bearings. The sudden absence of his delicious weight on top of me and my empty bed told me what I needed to know.

It hadn't been real. It was only a dream.

What's that? You want more? Yeah, I did too.

Edward's character is also very canon, given the AU setting. Once again we find him wanting the one thing that he cannot have - Bella. But this time, his fear of hurting her aren't the only things standing in his way. For one, there's her father, Charlie, who is set on keeping her an "innocent" as long as possible. Secondly, there's Aro, who would love nothing more than to see one of the Cullen's sully the family's reputation by partaking in the most forbidden of acts - defiling someone in Bella's position. And last, but not least, there's a little complication named Jake, who is Bella's friend but he wants her all to himself.

Edward is caught between his desire to please his family, and the growing lust he feels for Bella. It's entertaining to watch him go from a snotty boy who finds himself so much better than the members of Aro's court to a shrub-hiding wanker underneath Bella's window.

I began pumping in time with the sounds floating out from the room behind me. Tingling from the top of my head to the tips of my toes, it took all my control to keep my breathing quiet, and to continuously bite back my own sounds of arousal which were attempting to leap from my throat.

The breathing and moans began to take on a plaintive note, straining to climb higher. I longed to stand, sweep back the hanging beads screening the doorway, and use my hands and body to conduct the symphony of sounds to a mutually satisfying climax.

Down boy! Edward is still wordy as hell, and he does get a touch emo at times, but that's why we love him, right? Personally, I can't wait to see what happens with these kids. How will they get past Aro's strict rules? How will Edward see that falling in love with Bella is not against the Cullen way of life? How far is Jake willing to go to fight for Bella? Will Bella ever be cleared of her "innocent" status by Charlie, or will she have to rebel? So many questions - but I'm sure they'll be answered in due time.

In all, this is definitely a fic that's worth the time to read. If you start it for the lemons, you'll stick around for the story *coughlikeIdidcough* because it is THAT GOOD. And let's just be honest - in a fic world full of millionaire CEO's, tortured artists, and drunks - this story is a breath of fresh air.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome review, Jen! Thanks so very much for your kind words and the rockin' review!! I feel very honored. :D

    ReplyDelete